Everything we do here at Praxis Care centres around making a difference to the lives of people living with learning disabilities, mental ill health, acquired brain injury or dementia and to do this, we have a team of exceptional care and support workers. We are the largest care providing charity in Northern Ireland and also have large operations across Republic of Ireland, England and Isle of Man, employing over 1400 staff.
Are you passionate about supporting those most vulnerable in our society? We currently have the following permanent full time vacancy within the Learning Disability Services:
Full Time – Up to 12 Months (Maternity Cover)
Castle Lane, Lurgan
Salary: £32,294 – £37,839 per annum
To be considered for this role you must meet the essential criteria listed below:
- Professional qualification in Social Work OR First/Second Level Nursing OR Occupational Therapy AND 4 years’ post registration work experience in any health and social care setting where services are delivered to adults with a mental illness, dementia and/or learning disability, including at least 2 years’ relevant experience in an operational management capacity.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland OR NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care and registered or be eligible for registration on appointment, on the appropriate part of the NISCC register, without condition AND
5 years’ practice experience in any health and social care setting where services are delivered to adults with a mental illness, dementia and/or learning disability, to include at least 2 years’ relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- Registered with the relevant registration body
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience of at least one of the following:
A management post in health and social care team/service; staff management; service supervision; caseload management; care management; student supervision/mentoring; project management.
- Demonstrate supervisory management experience
- Full valid driving licence on application and access to own transport on appointment
Application packs, including a full job description detailing essential and desirable criteria are available on our website www.praxisprovides.com or by telephoning 028 9081 8411 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received by 18 December 2017 at 12pm with successful applicants being interviewed shortly after.
Praxis Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job email your details to NicoleSmyth@praxiscare.org.uk