Praxis Care is very pleased to have been selected as the preferred provider for 3 care homes in Trafford. These 3 care homes are currently operated by Sale and Altrincham Mencap and Praxis Care will be working very closely with Mencap to manage a smooth transition.
Progress to Handover:
1. Irene Sloan, registered person for Praxis Care, met with CQC in Preston to progress the registration process.
2. Chief Executive Officer, Holly Carr, and Director of Care, Alyson Dunn, met on 29th October to begin discussions on the handover. Due diligence pro formas provided and letter of introduction/DVD given to each home.
3. 9th November 2009: First meeting of Praxis Care operational team to allocate work tasks and prepare for handover.
4. 11th November 2009: Alyson Dunn and Will Bassett (Assistant Director) met with staff, family and carers locally in Trafford. Presentation about Praxis Care was given to staff and they had an opportunity to raise any questions. Similarly, families and carers who came to the evening meeting had the opportunity to ask questions and share their concerns/anxieties about the process.
Everyone has been advised to contact Alyson Dunn or Will Bassett at any time via e-mail or mobile telephone number.
5. Contact made with new lead inspector in the CQC, Val Bell.
6. Contact made with Contour Housing Association.
7. Meeting with Project Board Team (Trafford Council, Mencap and Praxis Care) arranged for 4th December 2009.
During December Praxis Care would hope to progress all the information required for due diligence completion and CQC registration.Share with ....