Praxis Care Scoop Major Award
Praxis Care recently won the “Health and Social Care Social Enterprise of the Year 2016” at the Social Enterprise Awards at the Stormont Hotel, Belfast. The awards, presented by UTV’s Paul Clark, recognised and celebrated the excellence in social enterprise and the outstanding achievements of social entrepreneurs to deliver social impact.
Paul Collins Praxis Care Assistant Director Communications said:
“Praxis Care is absolutely delighted to be named as “Health and Social Care Social Enterprise of the Year”. The award is great acknowledgment for the hard work and commitment of our 1,355 staff and volunteers. Praxis Care provides care and support to 1,720 adults and children with learning disability, mental ill health and acquired brain injury in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and England. This award is great recognition for the professionalism and dedication of staff and volunteers”
The judges highlighted that Praxis Care had;
- Excellence in their vision and strategy to deliver healthcare services with greater social impact,
- A clear business model that reflects social mission and values,
- Measured social and environmental impact through an in house Research Department,
- A clear vision and strong leadership,
- High level of measured “customer” satisfaction,
- Sustainability in terms of profit and growth,
- Good brand awareness through increased media coverage and social media activity,
- Developing and expanding services as evidenced by new projects,
- Volunteer and service user recognition events, and
- Partnership work as evidenced by taking part in “Let’s Keep on Supporting People”, “Time for Change”, “100 Voices”, “Together For You” and “NI Mental Health Arts and Film Festival”.
In addition, the judges were keen to commend all the hard work undertaken by staff and volunteers.
Colin Jess, Director of Social Enterprise NI said
“This has been our biggest and best awards to date, with over 250 guests attending. It is great to see the commitment, energy and enthusiasm within the room and also the increased interest in the sector.”
A social enterprise is a business that trades for principally a social purpose and reinvests its profits back for the benefit of the community
Photo caption: Paul Collins Assistant Director Communications Praxis Care accepts award from Patrick Minnie manager Northern Ireland Charity Bank
News release ends
Notes to editors
Praxis Care is Northern Ireland’s largest care charity that provides care and support services to adults and children with learning disabilities, mental ill health and acquired brain injury in Ireland, UK and the Isle of Man.
If you need any further information about Praxis Care please contact Paul Collins, Assistant Director of Communications on 07712189675 or 028 90 234 555 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Share with ....