Volunteers support and enhance the existing work of Praxis Care staff and are an important part of the ongoing work of the organisation, making a unique contribution.
Volunteering is a great way to increase or develop skills, to give something back, to meet new people, to use your existing skills to help others or make a difference in your local area.
There are opportunities to get involved in many different aspects of our work, for example
- Fundraising – Street Collections, events, bag packing
- Supporting the work of staff with service users – day to day activities, outings, driving
- Supporting the work of Praxis Care at a local level with ‘Friends of Praxis Care Groups’
- Volunteering at our work skills centres alongside service users in our coffee shops or garden projects
- Befriending scheme to support service users
- Giving support to Central Office departments – administration
By getting involved with Praxis Care you will enhance the existing work of our staff and add value to the lives of service users.
By giving a few hours you could make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable adults and children supported by Praxis Care.
Volunteering is important to Praxis Care; the organisation promotes a wide variety of opportunities for volunteer involvement in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and England.
For a list of our current opportunities please click here.
If you are interested in getting involved as a volunteer with Praxis Care please get in touch by phone on 028 9023 4555Share with ....